Blueberry Avocado Pancakes
I have always been obsessed with breakfast food but since having Finn I have decided it's my mission to mix up the usual with fun alternatives and these pancakes were just that! You can't tell from the photos but they turned out to be a gooey green color and the blueberries were the perfect "spots" if you want to try your hand at pancake dinosaurs.
If you love avocado, you will love these. They were full, fluffy, and so delicious!
Finn was going through a no carb phase (I know..is he actually mine?) so majority of them landed in the freezer but they're coming out again today. I cannot wait to share his thoughts with you guys! Let me know if you give them a try and what you think!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free blend)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy, nut milk, etc. it's dealers choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- butter (or spray) for the pan
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Combine the mashed avocado, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Combine the avocado mixture and the flour mixture.
- Butter up a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Once hot, scoop batter into the pan, add blueberries and cook both sides until golden brown.